.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Monday, August 22, 2011

A Moment to Breathe

Last week was crazy.

Tuesday my EP was officially released,

Thursday I was busy all day,

Friday I was gone all day,

And I didn't get much sleep.

I'm still working on catching up.

After all that business,

All that craziness,

It was nice to finally find a moment of peace.


It was such a nice day today,

I went outside to take some pictures.

Of course, my trip was delayed by the fact that the camera batteries didn't work,

And the second set I put in didn't have enough charge either,

And I made the mistake of using the pool table as a flat surface to change batteries on,

So a couple of batteries were temporarily lost.

Finally, though, I got the camera to work.

I put on my shoes and went outside.


I took a lot of pictures,


And I mean a lot of pictures -


Seventy-two, to be exact.


It was nice to go out and just appreciate the beauty of the great outdoors,

The wonder of God's creation,

The hard work of those who garden in their spare time,

The splendor of the sky,


All of this right in my backyard,

Right under my nose,

Yet how often do I take the time to look?

How often do I go outside and witness the glory?

Sometimes it's hard,

With the busyness and craziness,

But sometimes this is just what I need,

To take the time to enjoy a beautiful day,

To thank God for all of His blessings,

To just take a moment to breathe,

A moment to be,

A moment to stand in awe

And praise.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...