.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

From a Friend

I found the paper recently.

I had finally gotten some help cleaning.

I was in the midst of preparing large piles of unnecessary items

So they could be placed into totes

When I found it on my desk.

I had been thinking about it even before then,

The letter in her handwriting,

A work of art,

Though I don't know if she was the original author.

Still, a touching letter,

A beautiful glimpse of incredible love.

Now that I knew where it was,

I wanted to share that glimpse,

In the hopes that it would touch someone else.

From a Friend

Dear Friend,
     How are you?  I just had to send a note to tell you how much I care about you.
     I saw you yesterday as you were talking with your friends.  I waited all day hoping you would want to talk with me, too.  I gave you a sunset to close your day and a cool breeze to rest you - and I waited.  You never came.  It hurt me - but I still love you because I am your friend.
     I saw you sleeping last night and longed to touch your brow so I spilled moonlight upon your face.  Again I waited, wanting to rush down so we could talk.  I have so many gifts for you!  You awoke and rushed off to work.  My tears were in the rain.  If you would only listen to me!  I Love You!  I try to tell you in blue skies and the quiet green grass.  I whisper it in leaves on the trees and breathe it in colors of flowers, shout it to you in mountain streams, give the birds love songs to sing.  I clothe you with warm sunshine and perfume the air with nature scents.  My love for you is deeper than the ocean, and bigger than the biggest need in your heart!  Ask me!  Talk with me!  Please don't forget me!  I have so much to share with you!
     I won't hassle you any further.  It is your decision.  I have chosen you and I will wait ~ because I love you.
          Your friend,
          Jesus


Humbled by this reminder of pure love,

This reminder of One waiting to talk to me -

Me! -

I can only think one thing:

How often I forget.

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...