.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Friday, July 22, 2011

#150

I was up late last night,

Scratching lines on formerly blank pages,

Pressing keys and humming notes.

It started as it frequently does,

I was doing something else,

Then I started to think

And they started to come,

Words and notes,

Lyrics and melodies.

I finished, then went to find my composition book,

Sat for several minutes putting the phrases onto paper.

Then, of course, I couldn't help sitting at my keyboard,

Playing chords, trying to improvise on them,

Writing them down so I would not forget.

Then I finally went to bed . . . at about 1 A.M.


It'd been about a month again,

I had been having my doubts again,

Then I read that book

And it got me thinking,

Feeling like I needed to write.

Then the words came,

Lyrics for #150,

The one hundred fiftieth song I've written since I started writing again,

Almost as easy as breathing.

Speaking of which, this little landmark means it's time for me to tell a little more,

Share how this all started . . .

Next week.




This post is the first in a multi-part series.  The other posts can be read via the links below.
     Part 1 - #150
     Part 2 - When I Was Little . . .
     Part 3 - Favorite Artists and Favorite Instruments
     Part 4 - . . . And Then it Happened
     Part 5 - The Way I Was Made
     Part 6 - Faithful from Beginning to End

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...