.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Thursday, July 21, 2011

". . . almost as easy as breathing."


I've been searching for this book for a year,

Carefully watching the library should it turn up.

I finally had the opportunity to check another library.

I found it,

Finished it in a couple of hours,

The book I'd been waiting to read,

The second in a series by my favorite author.


I had read the first book last year,

After I had begun writing again.

It really resonated with me

Because it was about a young singer-songwriter,

Struggling to find the answers,

Much like I am.

The second book proved to be just as good,

Possibly even better.

At one point, the main character, Chloe, wrote in her journal about what it was like to write music,

How most people consider it to be so hard,

But to her it was almost as easy as breathing.

I feel this, too,

That the music flows so naturally from me,

From my life, my feelings, my very self,

That it is almost like breathing.

Maybe slightly harder,

It's sometimes difficult to come up with rhymes,

Or even find the words I am searching for.

Still, everything tends to fall in place,

The verses come,

The melodies,

The songs take form.

Almost as easy as breathing.

Yes.

Yes, this is how it feels.


Maybe Chloe was right, too, in what she said next.


Maybe that's why they call it a gift.


I really need to find the next book in this series.



Sold Out! is a novel by Melody Carlson and is the second in the Chloe editions of the Diary of a Teenage Girl series.  The image above is of the cover of the book.  Many thanks to this incredible author for her many wonderful books.

   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...