.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Monday, June 27, 2011

Finding Peace in Failure

I've messed up a lot lately.

Actually, I mess up a lot every day, but the past few days seem to have involved more mistakes than usual.

I stubbornly read my book instead of doing what I was asked, promising to do it later.

I didn't notice when something fell out of my pocket - or think to check for it.

I've focused on reading and writing more than my family.

I've stayed up too late and gotten up too early.

Just this morning, I tried to catch up on my sleep and ended up missing an appointment I'd completely forgotten about.

I've messed up.


Thank You, God.


Thank You for loving me even when I mess up for the thousandth - millionth - time.

Thank You for understanding my imperfections and forgiving me over and over and over again.

Thank You for blessing me, even when it seems I can't do anything right.


Thank You for teaching me to find peace because I know that I can count on You,


That You will always love

And always forgive;


That You have never failed me in the past,

And will never fail me in the future.


Thank You for using my million mistakes, the big ones and the small ones, to change me and help me grow . . .


To turn me into the person You want me to be.


Thank You.


I'm learning to find peace in my failures . . .

Because I know that, somehow, He will use even this.


You will use even this, . . .


So I thank You for failure,


And I thank You for peace.




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...