.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Thursday, October 4, 2012

On why there was no post yesterday . . .


First, the most important news:

Blog month resulted in 3,159 children being sponsored!!!

This is 51 over our original goal of 3,108.

Thank you all for your support!!!

Please keep thinking about and praying for (and sponsoring) those beautiful children!

Now, on to business: 

I'm sorry, there's not really going to be a post this week.

I'm so busy with schoolwork and trying to discipline myself to spend good, quality time alone with God every day . . .

And, after doing two posts a week for most of last month, . . .

And all the confusion with how to theologically approach the book of Job, . . .

Well, let's just say I need a break.

Hopefully, I will be less buried next week and able to post again.

As for Job, I have been listening to a couple of John Piper sermons on the subject,

And am now actually more worried about the accuracy of what Job was saying than what Job's friends were saying

(Because it seems that Job's friends were right in what they said, they were just wrong in assuming it applied in every situation . . . like Job's,

Whereas Job accused God of all sorts of things . . .),

So, I am studying

And doing lots of research

And will be getting back to counting reasons through Job . . .

Eventually.

For now, I am moving on to Psalms.

Thank you so much, Cynthia, for holding me accountable.

I really should've thought through things more and studied more before tackling that book,

So, I apologize and ask for your forgiveness.

I will try to do better in the future.

I will be removing all of the reasons from Job until such a time as I am able to discern which ones are correct and which are not.

In the mean time, I will be going back to #2162 and counting through Psalm 1 and beyond.

Thank you all for everything!

Have a wonderful week!!!



Compassion Blog Month posts (2012):
     -  Compassion Blog Month! 
     Dear Daddy, . . .
     -  Pintrest Contest!!!
     -  My World
     -  On why there was no post yesterday . . . (Blog Month results!)
  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...