No, this is not my usual Wednesday post,
Which is probably a good thing,
As I've been insanely busy this past week,
And haven't had time to count reasons to share with you,
And probably shouldn't be taking the time to write this now.
So I'll try to make this brief.
(Of course, anyone who reads this blog should no that "brief" is not my specialty, but that's what we're aiming for here. Hence the completely random pictures.)
A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from Compassion that said September is blog month!
This means that every week
(Hopefully not every Wednesday)
I will be posting something for/about Compassion!
The goal for this month is to get you,
The wonderful readers of Compassion bloggers' posts,
To sponsor a child.
By the end of the month,
We hope to have 3,108 children sponsored!
Now, I know this is another thing on top of the hundreds of other charities you already support/want to support,
Or you already sponsor a child and can't sponsor another one.
You can still help.
This week, we would like to get people to visit the "Sponsor a Child" page at compassion.com.
While you're there, you can:
- Pray for the children! Pray that they would be sponsored, pray that they would know Jesus, pray for God to protect them, just pray for them. (See, I told you you can still help. Praying won't cost you a cent, but it's such a blessing for those whom you pray for.)
- Spend time asking God to reveal His heart for the poor to you. This doesn't mean that you have to contribute more than you already do (although it would be awesome if you decided to do that). You can just try to gain a better understanding of how God cares for those living in poverty. (Again, doesn't cost you a cent - excluding the electricity bill and the monthly cost of the Internet, but let's face it, you'd be using the Internet even if I didn't suggest this, so in the end it doesn't make much difference.)
- Sit down with your children to view the page. Teach them about other children around the world, the conditions those children live in. Share the heart for the poor that God has given you with them. (See, still doesn't cost a cent.)
- Sponsor a child. Yes, this one costs money. If it makes you feel better, it costs less per year than it would cost you to buy an iPhone, less per month than your satellite bill, and less per day than your caramel macchiato from Starbucks. And it's way more worth it. For a little over a dollar a day, you can help a child in poverty, and build a relationship with that child that will change both of your lives. If you are able, do it. You won't regret it.
And, if you're still not convinced,
(Or if you miss my normal Wednesday post)
Read this post from a couple of weeks ago.
Ask me questions in the comments.
Visit any of the other Compassion Bloggers' blogs and read their thoughts.
Well, that's the end of my advertisement.
Have a great week!
(Click the link.
Cliiick iiiiit . . .
That's the end of my advertisment.
Compassion Blog Month posts (2012):
- Compassion Blog Month!
- Dear Daddy, . . .
- Pintrest Contest!!!
- My World
- On why there was no post yesterday . . . (Blog Month results!)