.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting for Hope Anew


The heartache comes,

Then He brings peace,

Even in the midst of not understanding,

Of trying so hard to understand.

Then I start to analyze,

To think,

To worry,

And the heartache creeps back in again.


I'm trying to be hopeful about a distant future,

Trying to be hopeful in spite of circumstances looming,

And it's hard.

I want to be where He wants me,

I want to be obedient,

But right now I don't know what that looks like,

Or what that will look like for the next half of a decade.


I need to remember that He has it all in His hands,

That patience really is a virtue,

That waiting on Him is always worth it,

Because His timing is always perfect.


I have so many thoughts today,

And not enough words,

So I'll do what I usually do when I have this problem,

And turn to music.

I wrote these lyrics last week,

Some of my more poetic ones,

Thoughts about where I've been lately,

What it feels like,

Trying to find hope,

Trying to remember that He holds the future,

That He has a plan -

And it's a good one,

Better than I could ever, ever come up with.


Hope Anew 

Bury me under
The leaves of last summer
And I'll lie in wait beneath the moon.

And the days that are ending
Might just be beginning
When springtime brings hope anew.

The sun has set long ago,
The summer birds have up and flown
Away.

The final leaves fell last month,
The covered ground is huddled up
In wait.

All of my hopes and dreams
That sparkled in the sun
Seem long gone.

All the days of happiness
Are so far past
I'm barely holding on.

The gentle breeze holds only chill,
The morning frost lingers still,

Unmoving.

The colors have faded to gray,
Still day follows dreary day,
So empty.

All that I know I need
Has been pushed to the side,
Abandoned.

All my longings to follow
Have nowhere to go.
What I feared most has happened.

So bury me under
The leaves of last summer
And I'll lie in wait beneath the moon.

And the days that are ending
Might just be beginning
When springtime brings hope anew,

Hope anew.




Trying so hard now to hope in Him.
 


The bold, italicized words are the lyrics to the song "Hope Anew" by Mary Schieferstein, ©2011 Mary Schieferstein.

Linking up over here again today, trying to learn how to walk with Him in everything.




Please take the time to read some of the other wonderful posts for today that can be found at the bottom of this post.

 

5 comments:

Erin said...

"Trying so hard to hope in him."

I am too, your post really blessed me during a tough time in my life.

Mary said...

Hi, Erin,
I'm so glad my imperfect words could bless you. I always wonder whether what I say is worth anything. It's nice to know someone thinks it is.
Praying for you, as we're both trying to find hope in Him in the midst of the tough places.
God bless!

Anonymous said...

I like this. Especially the ending. Hope on!

Sylvia R said...

I like this. Especially the ending. Hope on!

Mary said...

Thank you, friend! Always trying, always learning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...