.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Searching for Change

It happens to everything,

Everyone, really.


We get weathered and worn,

Sun-bleached and faded.

We are chipped and broken,

We are far from perfect.


We need SomeOne else to come along,

Take us down from the place we've been hanging,

Strip the old away,

Repaint us bold and glorious.


We need the change.

Too often, I find myself staying in the same place,

Allowing myself to become worn,

Allowing the brilliant colors to fade.

I find myself going through the motions.

The thing is, I don't want to go through the motions.


I want to find change.

No matter how much it hurts,

No matter what it takes,

I need the change.

I can't go through the motions any longer.


I cry out for the change, knowing that I am heard,

That He will find me worn, drifting away,

And He will come,

In His own perfect timing, He will come,

And He will restore.

 
For the thousandth time,  I'm sick of doing the same things over and over again, expecting to find the passion that was there at the beginning and hasn't been there since . . .

For I've done these same things so much that doing them again and again and again is just going through the motions.

I need the change,

No matter what it takes.

Change me.




"The Motions" is an amazing song performed by Matthew West.  I often listen to it and remember how much I need to break away from my patterns and find the passion again.  Thinking about worn shutters being repainted reminded me once more not to go through the motions, which made me think of this incredible song.  Many thanks to Matthew West for his inspiring music.




  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...