.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Precious Words

I spent too much time reading today.

I had intended to read only one or two blog posts.


I ended up reading about ten . . . or more.

I think the "LinkWithin" gadget that shows related posts works a little too well sometimes.

Oh, well.

In reading, I was reminded of a few things I had intended to do.


When a friend told me that her favorite verse was, Jeremiah 29:13, I looked it up on BibleGateway to see what the verse said.
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)
It happened to be a verse I needed to hear.

I decided to memorize it.

I typed it into a "Post-it Note" on my laptop.

Every day, when I turned on my laptop to do my homework, I saw that verse and read it.

Soon, I had it memorized.

As I began reading my Bible more, I started jotting down verses that stuck out to me, things I needed to hear, phrases I liked.

The references could be found written on whatever scrap of paper had been easily accessible at the time . . .

With whatever writing instrument had been easiest to grab.



At first, the references were on tiny pieces of paper, listed one after another in an orderly fashion.


When school ended, these references began appearing on sheet music and scraps of paper that chords had been written down on.


They were there, ready and waiting for me to come and review and learn, . . .

I just never got around to it.

When I was reminded today, I went in search of these wayward scraps of paper.

Some were easy to find, . . .


Others were buried in huge piles of paper.


Eventually, I found them all.

Then I looked all of them up on BibleGateway and pasted them into a document.



I decided I didn't have enough,

So I Googled "Good Bible Verses to Memorize".

I came up with quite a few more . . . (48 verses and passages in all)

In several different versions. (4, to be exact, with the most common being NLT and CEV)

I made them into printable cards . . .



And printed them . . .


And cut them.


They formed quite a stack.


It will probably take me quite a while to memorize all of these.



That's okay.  I think it'll be worth it.


Now, where can I put these cards where I'll remember to use them?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...