.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Friday, July 1, 2011

Relaxation

It's been a rough week.

A rough couple of months, really.

A lot of fun, definitely, but also very tiring and exhausting.

It's nice to have the opportunity to rest and relax.


It's nice to be here.

It's been awhile.

Too long.

It's nice to be here,

Sitting on my best friend's couch,

Watching M*A*S*H on her laptop.



It's been too long since our last movie marathon,

Since our last caffiene-fueled late night.

Too long since we've raided the kitchen,

Since we've made a mess of dishes.

Too long since we've sat and talked,

Since we've laughed hysterically over nothing.

Too long.


It seems like a year
Since I last came here.
With as long as I've been gone,
I feel like I've come home.

All I wanna do
Is just spend some time with you,
'Cause we are closer than twins,
Even though we are just friends.

You're the one that I can call
In the middle of the night,
When my world is crashing down
You can make it seem alright
For awhile.

Through the best and through the worst days,
You know I'm there for you.
When you're down I am your lifeline,
You know I'll do anything to
Make you smile.

. . .


I'm here for you,

You're here for me.
This is how
It should be.





It's good to be here

Because it has been too long.

I wish it wasn't this way.

I wish we could spend time together more often.

Well, at least we have now . . .

Speaking of which, I'd better get back to our M*A*S*H marathon . . .


"A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
(Proverbs 18:24 New International Version)



"Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:

If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!"
(Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 New King James Version)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...