.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Faith is Not a T-Shirt


Come over here today?

I don't know if it's a good one,

But I know that these are words I need to hear over and over and over again.

Faith is not a t-shirt,

It's not the outward appearance.

It's what's in my heart.

Where is my heart?


I've put some lyrics up, too.

A rough draft,

Just written last night.

#300,

A bit of a celebration for me,

A celebration of God's grace -

That He allows me to write,

To make music,

Imperfect as it is,

Imperfect as I am -

Only by His grace.

Always only by His grace.

 

2 comments:

Sylvia R @ sylvrpen said...

"Faith is not a T-shirt." Yes. I like that. :)
God bless!

Mary said...

Thank you! It's kind of funny, but it's something I really do need to be reminded of every moment of every day.
God bless you, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...