.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The 10,000 Reasons Challenge

 
Just wanted to sum up my Lenten challenge here,

Provide the simple explanation without the need to dig through my endless words:

"[H]ere's my Lenten goal,

Not really a fast, but a refocusing:


  • To count a minimum of 10 reasons - 10 God-centric reasons - each and every day during this season to worship God, including (but not necessarily limited to) aspects of His character and displays of His power.
  • To find one Scripture reference for each reason so that I know I'm not just making this up, making sure that the Scripture supports the reason when taken in context.
  • To let this exercise bring me closer to God, that I might know Him better and know Him for who He is, that I might worship the God of the Bible, not some idol I've formed in my mind through the things I've heard and my own misconceptions."

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...