.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Meditations for Maundy Thursday


In the quietness of a darkened sanctuary,

Stained glass windows dim with fading light,

Candles burning near the altar,

Lights being turned out one by one,

I hear them reading the Story,

His words repeated,

His prayer right before He went to the garden - 

He was praying for me. 

For me - 

The Pharisee plotting to have Him killed, 

The Betrayer throwing away the best thing I've ever known with a kiss,

The So-Called Friend who swore to be faithful then denied three times.

He was praying for me. 

In the darkness I repent,

Mourn my selfishness and His affliction,

Silently praise for this cleansing Sacrifice.

The last lights go out.

We leave in silence.


Music for this day:
(Louder here, but the video didn't quite go with my candle theme as well as this one did.)

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...