.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Join Me?


I knew they were going to ask.

It was getting close to my birthday.

I knew they were going to ask what I wanted.

The trouble was - I didn't really want anything.

I'm at that stage in my life now where, if I want something, I go get it myself.

I'm at that stage in my life where there's not much I want,

And I have everything I need.

And then I saw on Facebook that someone had given up their birthday.

They had given up their birthday to help those in need - simply by making a page online.

In that moment, I knew what I wanted for my birthday:

Freedom.

Freedom from oppression for 27 million slaves in the world today.

Freedom from fear for widows fighting to keep property that is rightfully theirs.

Freedom from prison for those who have done no wrong.

Freedom.

What better present could I ask for than to know that, in some small way, I have made a difference?

'Cause all of my passion?

All of my desire to end slavery?

What's it really worth if I don't DO something about it?

I am called to seek justice.

Will you join me?

Please click here to view my FreedomMaker page.

Let's seek justice.

Together. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...