Since it recently occurred to me that I hadn't posted any updates on the CD I'm working on for over a month . . .
(Sorry the pictures are a little grainy. I hate to use the flash, and I wanted to keep the original lighting.)
Well, in the past month, I've gotten pretty much nowhere.
I've been so busy
(And so lazy)
That I haven't been recording half as much as I should've . . .
I finally sat down today to do one more,
And was reminded of why I've had no motivation to record . . .
The thermometer read eighty-three when I entered my un-air-conditioned room,
An open door and a fan blowing cooler air down the hall brought it down a whole degree to eighty-two.
I stood in front of the fan for as long as I could warming up,
Kept the door open as I went through the song a couple of times,
But once the microphone was on and the file name typed in there was no way to avoid it.
The fan had to be turned off.
The door had to be shut.
My room was hot.
I don't know how I ever would've survived before the invention of air-conditioning.
I was far too warm and got a tad bit dizzy once or twice.
It didn't help that I had a giant pair of headphones on my head.
After I recorded the song the first four times, I took a break.
Shortly thereafter, I returned to record four more times.
I managed to record one more before I heard voices down the hall.
Two siblings were talking as they prepared to go outside.
I reminded them what I was doing and asked them to be quiet,
Then returned to my room to record again.
The next recording went pretty well,
But, when I finished, I found out where outside my siblings were going -
Right outside my bedroom window.
So, after six recordings, I had to call it quits.
Hopefully one of them will be good enough.
If not, I'll have to record the song again.
On the bright side, the experience was somewhat enjoyable, as the song I recorded is one of my favorites,
Based on a couple of verses I'd heard a sermon on,
(Though not based on the sermon at all -
At the time he was preaching it, I was writing the song instead of paying attention.)
Accompaniment with all minor chords.
Personally, I think it sounds pretty cool,
Though it might be a tad repetitive.
(I do have a somewhat biased perspective, after all.)
The lyrics are some of my favorites, though,
So I'm really looking forward to seeing this on the CD.
Here are the numbers:
1 song mixed,
8 songs recorded (including the one that's mixed),
4 more to record,
Of those 4,
1 has an accompaniment,
3 only have chords.
Total of 12 songs (I miscounted last time; reconsidering the bonus song idea.)
(Compared to what I think was 1, 5, 7, 4, 0, and 12 from last month's -
I guess I've made some progress.)
Also, I've been working on a few ideas for cover art . . .
Hoping to start executing them soon . . .
Well, that's the update!
I'll let you know when something more gets done . . . I hope :)
Thanks for reading!!!