.................................................................................................................

"No matter where I am, your teachings fill me with songs." - Psalm 119:54 (CEV)

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

She Chose Joy

I've been meaning to blog about this for awhile, but there's been no time.

I've been meaning to write about this for weeks, but I was waiting and then I was busy.

I finally made the time today.



I read days ago about how she had gone home on Saturday,

How she quietly slipped away to a better place,

And how the rest of us are left here to remember,

To be sore,

And to think about how her story changed us.


I'd been meaning to write about her ever since,

About how she chose joy.

I finally had the time today to do it

And just a few minutes to blog about it.

I'm going to post the lyrics here,

A small, imperfect rough draft

Of something written to pay tribute

To a wonderful example of one who loved Jesus,

Who lived in hope,

And who chose joy.


Joy (She Chose to See)
for Sara Frankl (a.k.a. "Gitzen Girl")

When it's hard to breathe
And it's hard to stand,
It's hard to trust
We're in Your hands. 

When it's hard to find
The strength to try,
It's hard to remember
It's worth the fight. 

When the whole world
Is falling down,
It's hard to know
Hope can be found. 

And when it's all
Out of our hands,
It's hard to see
You have a plan. 

Well, I've read a story of faith
About someone who walked that long, hard way. 

It was hard to breathe,
It was hard to stand,
But she trusted
She was in Your hands.

It was hard to find
The strength to try,
But, through the pain,
She fought that fight.

Her whole world was
Upside-down,
But she still managed
To find hope all around.

Life had come
And spoiled her plans,
But she always believed that
She was in Your hands.

For she saw the blessings each day,
Counted every one that came her way,
And, even when life was wearying,
It was joy she chose to see.

Even when life was wearying,
Even when it was hard to breathe,
She had faith that someday she'd be free,
And it was joy she chose to see.

It was joy she chose to see.




Related post:  Grace and Joy


The bold, italicized words are the lyrics to the song "Joy (She Chose to See)" by Mary Schieferstein, ©2011 Mary Schieferstein.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...